TheMerode attaches importance to the way in which your personal data is processed and recognises the importance of protecting your privacy.This Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy (here in after the “Policy”) explains how TheMerode collects, processes and protects your personal data. It contains information on the type of data collected by TheMerode, for what purposes it is processed and how you can exercise your rights in relation to your personal data.Contact TheMerode via the dedicated e-mail address “email@example.com” for any type of request, query or remark relating to the protection of personal data, or if you wish to exercise any of the rights attached thereto (see point IV. Your rights).
I. The data controller
TheMerode (here in after “TheMerode” or “we”) whose registered office is located at 6 Place Poelaert, 1000 Brussels is the controller of your personal data.
II. Basic principles - TheMerode's commitment to privacy
- TheMerode is committed to protecting the personal data to which it has access, to handling them responsibly and to being transparent in the practices it uses. TheMerode attaches great importance to the trust placed in it and is therefore committed to the following principles :
- You are under no obligation to provide the personal data requested by TheMerode. However, if you decide not to provide certain data, TheMerode may not be able to provide certain services or deliver certain products ;
- TheMerode collects and processes your data only for the purposes described in this Policy or for specific purposes of which TheMerode has informed you and/or for which you have given your consent ;
- TheMerode adopts the principle of minimisation: namely, to collect and process only the personal data necessary for the purposes envisaged ;
- TheMerode aims to keep your personal details as accurate and up-to-date as possible and offers you the possibility of modifying them at any time by going to your profile in the member’s area of the website www.themerode.com or by making a request directly via the e-mail address “firstname.lastname@example.org” ;
- If personal data is no longer required and there is no legal obligation to retain it, TheMerode will do its best to delete, destroy or anonymise it.
- Your personal data will not be sold or rented and will only be shared or disclosed for purposes related to this Policy except where disclosure is required by law and/or governmental authorities.
III. What personal data do we collect?
The personal data TheMerode collects varies depending on the purpose, the service TheMerode provides or that you provide to TheMerode.
TheMerode may collect the following categories of personal data directly :
- personal details, such as your surname, first name, e-mail address, postal address and telephone number(s) ;
- the identifier used to access your online account (which you can modify and personalize at any time), i.e. the user name and password. This is necessary so that TheMerode can create a personal user account linked to its activities accessible online via its websites and applications ;
- exchanges with TheMerode, which may include details of conversations that have taken place through email exchanges or messages on TheMerode’s social networks ;
- personal information, such as your age, birthday, gender and lifestyle preferences (for customization of TheMerode activities and services) ;
- browsing history, such as the pages visited, the date of the visit, the location during the visit, or the IP address ;
- history of your reservations and consumption at the restaurant or bar, as well as the history of the car park and activities ;
- information about third parties, such as personal data about your family members when you provide TheMerode with this information directly for special event.
If you apply for a job at TheMerode, we will collect additional personal data, such as the different jobs you have had, your education and references from previous employers.
TheMerode may also collect the above categories of data indirectly when :
- you share content on social networks, websites or applications related to its products or services or by responding to its promotional posts and announcements on social networks ;
TheMerode reads or collects personal data about you through information collected by other websites or collected on social networks or public profiles.
IV. For what purposes and on what legal basis your personal data collected and processed by TheMerode?
TheMerode collects and processes your personal data in order to provide you with a service that is best suited to your expectations, for communication purposes or to inform you of its activities. TheMerode may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal data for the following purposes
- to process your payments if you purchase its products or services ;
- to process and respond to your inquiries and to contact you to respond to your inquiries ;
- to develop and improve its products, services, communication methods and the functionality of its websites and/or applications ;
- to communicate information to you and to manage your registration and/or subscription to its newsletter service or any other communication service ;
- to manage its day-to-day services in connection with your membership, participation in its contests, sweepstakes, promotional activities, activities or privileges and member benefits ;
- to authenticate the identity of individuals who contact TheMerode by telephone, electronically or otherwise;
- for the purpose of ensuring the quality of its services ;
- to better understand and evaluate the interests of its customers and members and to develop its activities ;
- to provide personalized products and tailored communications and to recommend products or services to you based on your needs.
V. How long do we keep your personal data?
TheMerode only keeps your personal data for as long as is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which it was collected (responding to your request for information and following up on this request; executing a contract concluded with you, etc.) plus the period necessary to comply with its legal accounting and archiving obligations.This period may be increased in the event of a claim or legal dispute to ensure the defence of our rights.
VI. Your rights
When TheMerode processes your personal data, you are entitled to a number of rights that you can exercise at any time. You can exercise your rights via the specially dedicated email address : email@example.com
- Right of access : you can obtain information about the processing of your personal data as well as a copy of these personal data.
- Right of rectification : if you believe that your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you may request that it be amended accordingly.
- Right to erasure : in the cases and conditions provided for in Article 17 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may request the erasure of your personal data.
- Right to restrict processing: in the cases and under the conditions provided for in Article 18 GDPR, you may request the restriction of the processing of your personal data.
- Right to object: you may object to the processing of your personal data, on grounds relating to your particular situation, where the processing is based on the legitimate interests of TheMerode. You have the absolute right to object to the processing of your personal data for canvassing and direct marketing purposes.
- Right to withdraw your consent: if the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent free of charge at any time.
- Right to the portability of your data: in the cases and conditions provided for in Article 20 RGPD, you have the right to receive the personal data you have provided to us, in a commonly used and machine-readable structured format and, where technically possible, to have it transmitted directly to a third party.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: You have the right to lodge a complaint directly with a supervisory authority about the way we process your personal data.
VII. How does TheMerode protect your personal data?
TheMerode is aware of the importance of the security of your personal data. It makes its best efforts to adequately protect your personal data from misuse, interference, damage, unauthorized access, alteration or disclosure. Numerous security measures have been put in place to protect your personal data. TheMerode uses access controls, firewalls and secure servers.
VIII. Sharing your personal data
TheMerode does not share your personal data with other organizations, except in cases where disclosure is required by law and/or government authorities or in the context of litigation.
IX. International transfers of your data
Personal data may be processed outside the European Economic Area (EEA) in countries that have received an adequacy decision from the Commission (i.e. countries offering a level of protection for personal data similar to the level of protection offered by the GDPR).
- Statistical analysis cookies
- Technical cookies
XI. Contact us
If you have any questions, remarks or complaints about this Policy, or about the processing of your personal data, please contact TheMerode via the specially dedicated e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.